Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been passively searching for an SL350 for a few years. Sometimes I searched but not too dedicated. Happened to search CL while taking a break from a home landscaping project the other day and found exactly what I had been after about a three hour drive from home. My father owned a red 73 Sl but had to sell it in 1976. My first rides ever on a motorcycle were straddling the tank of his SL. When test riding this one the other day, the sound of the twin 350 took me back 40+ years. I dropped the bike at my parents house and told my father it was his if he wanted it. He was skittish as 50 year old football injuries and old age have taken their toll on his abilities to ride. I left it with him to contemplate the maybe anyway. The bike is complete except for the tool storage lid , starts easy and runs well.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Welcome, and nice story about you and your Dad. I can definitely relate, as my Dad and I rode the same models together for a couple years as I progressed up the size ladder while getting started riding - SL175s, SL350K1s, CB/CL450s at the same time, and it was great fun. Hopefully your Dad will be able to take advantage of the situation and get back to a little riding. You've come to the right place for any help you might need, plenty of people here with extensive 350 experience. Next assignment... pictures of the machine in question. :D Welcome to the friendliest and most helpful forum on the internet

1 - 2 of 2 Posts