Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an S-T Industries Micrometer set up for sale. I've had this thing for years and maybe used two of the micrometers a couple times each. I bought them many years ago and a real need for them never happened. I emailed the company to see what their current price is on the set and the following is their response:

"Dear Gerald:

This is catalog number 02-0864-14, at $567.70, delivery is 1 week.

Best regards.

Robert Friesen, VP Marketing
S-T INDUSTRIES, INC. / 301 Armstrong Blvd. North / St. James, MN 56081 USA
800 326 2039 toll free / 507 375 3211 phone / 507 375 4503 fax
http://www.stindustries.com"

The set can be seen here: http://stindustries.thomasnet.com/v...series-solid-frame-micrometer-sets?&forward=1

Since mine aren't new and the finish on the top of the wooden case is a little faded from gathering dust in my hobby room, I'm asking $350 shipped for the set. I will entertain reasonable offers though. I'd possibly accept a trade for a 8000+ LB automotive winch, or other tools that might be of more use to me.. Possibly other interesting items?? I can provide more detailed pictures if desired.

DETAILS:

As you can see in the picture, the one on the lower right side has staining on it mainly in the knurled area but a tad bit of staining/pitting on the shaft as well. It still functions perfectly smooth, as new. It's sort of hard to read as well but in a well lit area you can still see the hash marks pretty well. I can anyway. They ALL function perfectly and are very smooth. Never abused. I've always kept them wiped with a light coat of oil, VERY LIGHT. I can provide close up pictures of the staining as well.. If anyone purchases these micrometers and they turn out to be inaccurate, as checked/verified by a professional, I'll refund your money. In a reasonable time frame from the date of purchase anyway. That's how confident I am that this is a nice set. I'm well known on this forum and am not out to take advantage of anyone for any reason.

GB :D

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Are they metric or imperial?

I have my own set but I'd be all over them otherwise.

Mike

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imperial (inches). The one micrometer that is stained may not be of any use to some people with limited vision. But, at over $200 off of retail price I figure I've got them priced about right. A person could probably buy one to replace the stained one and still be under retail price for the whole set..

I'll have to see what I can do to clean up the writing on it without doing further damage.. I'll be careful.

To anyone that is interested, I think for the price you'll be satisfied. They're a very high quality set.

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Upon further investigating I discovered that the shaft that is exposed is pitted pretty badly compared to the other 3.. The others are absolutely perfect. However, when you unscrew or loosen (open) up the pitted/stained micrometer, it still glides very smoothly and the actual measuring end of the shaft is perfect. It's only the sides of the shaft that are affected. Also, when you open it up (loosen) it reveals a number scale underneath that reads just fine and you can still make out the hash marks on the outside, just not the individual numbers that well. In the right lighting I can make everything out fine, but my vision is perfect.

I just wanted to be fully honest and up front with everyone here about the condition of these.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright guys, I need to move this set on to a new owner. I just ordered the most expensive bumper for my truck that I'll probably ever own. So now I'll need a 10K winch to go with it, naturally.. :lol:

So, the final price is $300 SHIPPED. That's 267.70 LESS than retail! Come on, you know you want the set... ;)

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump to the top again.. Interesting trades considered!! It can't hurt to try...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts