Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to change the 4 seals under the left rear engine side cover on my CL350 (counter sprocket, neutral switch, clutch push rod, shifter shaft). Last time I sprung a leak on that side it turned out to be the gasket under the front left side cover (the one over the alternator and starter chain). So this time I was thinking of running the engine after replacing that gasket and the four seals before installing the rear side cover (the one over the counter sprocket that holds the clutch actuator cam. That way I can see the gasket and seals to make damn sure they are not leaking before putting that cover on. I would leave the clutch push rod in place, and would leave the neutral switch and front sprocket off too. Will that be an okay thing to do? I don't think the push rod would go anywhere, that would be my main concern. I would not drive it of course, just rev it up some. Otherwise, I usually put it all back together and wonder if everything is sealed good without really knowing. Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts