Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi!

I've been working on this CB350K3 for the last year. It was a barn find in a very sorry state and had much of the original parts missing so it was a good start for a custom build.

Cb350

I've fitted an old Suzuki ts125 tank on it and really like the look of it but the problem is that the petcock has only one fuel line out of it as the original cb350 petcock has separate outputs for both carbs.
So asking for your experience in this, have any of you had experience of running this kind of petcock with y-fitting in the fuel line to feed both carbs from the same line or will this mess with the fuel flow?

would like to get some opinions on it as I can still weld different petcock bung to it but after paint it's too late.

Regards and merry christmas to all,
Henri

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
A single on each side. Then add t or y fittings to act as a crossover to balance the tank level is what I'm doing on a project.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The original would have only had one petcock, the tank had a cross over pipe, the petcock has 2 exit pipes, one for each carb.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The original would have only had one petcock, the tank had a cross over pipe, the petcock has 2 exit pipes, one for each carb.
This is what I tried to explain, the CB350 petcock has two exit pipes for each carbs and the Suzuki tank has a petcock with only one exit pipe. So if I use this petcock with just one exit pipe and split the fuel line for both carbs with Y or T-fittings, will this cause problems with the fuel flow?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry mis read your post.

Dont see why it would be any different, the original CB petcock is only a fuel splitter when the tap is open?
In fact I have run my bike from an auxilliary tank with exactly the set up you describe.
You could try the same on your bike before commiting to finishing the tank.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I run my 450 with a smaller aftermarket tank that has a single feed from the petcock. I bought a large fuel filter to use as a "reservoir" and then into a Y afterward, splitting off to both carbs (which are Mikunis, larger than stock). So far it's worked fine

·
Registered
866 Posts
I run a single line into a filter and then into a T adapter running to both carbs on my CB350 and it works fine.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
A 125 petcock is 1/3 of your bike. Figure out roughly how much gas is used per hp and measure if it flows enough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts