Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1976 CB360. I pulled the carbs today to search for a clogged jet and noticed there is quite a bit of fuel in the boot between the air filter and carb. Air filter smells of fuel too. Would this be an indication that my float is too high? I haven't noticed any overflow from the bowls.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Definitely a float bowl or needle seat issue.. besides level, check the bowl and see if it hasn't struck a leak.. also needle seat area may have some fuel tank trash..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely a float bowl or needle seat issue.. besides level, check the bowl and see if it hasn't struck a leak.. also needle seat area may have some fuel tank trash..
Thanks Rob! Turns out it was a needle seat issue and after closer inspection it appears gas was slowly leaking from the overflow. Must have been a recent development. Glad I caught it.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Just in case, check your engine oil for potential fuel contamination - sometimes it weeps forward in the carb and goes past an open intake valve, trickles past the rings and into the bottom end. Last thing you need is to run the engine with fuel-diluted oil

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
^^^^^+1^^^^^^
I would go one step further and just change the oil... cheap insurance..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts