Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for help in cataloging the various rotor size differences. Without knowing which forum to post, chose the middle-of-the-road route.

Model
Rotor OD
Taper smallest dia
Rotor overall length
175 / 200

350 / 360

450 / 500T

where this is coming from is the 3ph charging system from Sparck Moto for the 450/500t is pushed out for a year. The fit-check bike, a CB175, rotor is slightly smaller in diameter and so that stator won't work in the 450 due to the stator diameter difference. No response from Sparck, I can only surmise they're buried in work and no complaints for sure, but I'm in dire need of a high output charging system for my 500T.

So my thought is to rework a 175 stator, but I'd like to get a bit more information first. Let's find out if a 350 rotor will be a bolt-on fix? or?

This is where you come in, faithful riders of the flying wing, with your vast, vast, knowledge of all things that go bang in the morning and bump in the night! wait, did i just say that? what i really meant is if you happen to have a rotor from one of the models above, can you take a few dimensions and post?

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
The cb160,175,200,350, 360 stators are all the same size at least in perspective of diameter and widths( +or- a few mm). The 450 stator is larger as you've discovered . The difference s between the stators on the smaller twins are to do with mounting, timing marks ,plugs and wattages not the physical dimentions

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You all are awesome!
next question is are the stator mounting bolt centers the same?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts