Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spotted this anomaly today. Seems that the starting clutch has been knocking up against the rotor. Does this appear to be terminal to the workings of this motor? Or will correct alignment do the trick?

Also, what does a starting clutch do? I only know its name coz I looked it up in the pdf manual that you fellas have posted.

Lee

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
That's really mechanical and has been broken for a while judging by the half assed attempt to spot weld it.
You need a new starter clutch before it breaks any worse.
Its a one way clutch to engage starter motor to crankshaft through generator rotor
Don't worry about the rotor, the starter clutch is bolted to the back of it (bolts could be loose?) I have 2 or 3 almost new ones (one off an 800 mile CB360) although it should be real easy to find one local (same as CB350 and a few oher models)
PJ

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers PJ, I'll do the usual ebay search for another starter clutch. This bike was previously owned my a weld artist, you should see half the crap with superfluous tacking and spotting. I actually had to chop the old centrestand out because it was welded to the pivot, couldnt remove it prior to powdercoating, so got the cutting wheel to it.
Not only that but it was lop-sided anyway. Looks like he used to park it on a step or something...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
leethal said:
Cheers PJ, I'll do the usual ebay search for another starter clutch. This bike was previously owned my a weld artist, you should see half the crap with superfluous tacking and spotting. I actually had to chop the old centrestand out because it was welded to the pivot, couldnt remove it prior to powdercoating, so got the cutting wheel to it.
Not only that but it was lop-sided anyway. Looks like he used to park it on a step or something...
wow.

maybe he liked a LEAN in his bike for style?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts