Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, this is going to sound stupid, but how can I rotate the alternator rotor counter clockwise? I'm trying to get the ignition timing corrected on my cb350, but everytime I try and rotate it, the bolt holding the alternator in place loosens, and prevents me from rotating the crank. Will it be a problem if I rotate the crank clockwise?

Thanks,

J

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried using the impact wrench to tighten the bolt even more, to the point where it will rotate the rotor clockwise. But every time I think it's on there tight, it budges when I rotate it. I however, now that I think about it, might put the bike in gear, and try to tighten it so the rotor won't budge.

·
Premium Member
7,864 Posts
torque it to speck and try using locktite...then leave it set up overnight and try again the next day

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Wait, what?? Are you saying you can't even rotate the crankshaft counterclockwise at all without the rotor bolt backing loose? Something doesn't sound right there, the crankshaft shouldn't be THAT difficult to turn. You should surely be able to rotate the crank in a counterclockwise direction using a wrench (or socket) on the rotor bolt once it's tight (especially tightened with an impact gun) without it breaking free.

I'd start looking at why the crank is so difficult to turn counterclockwise.

Kirk

·
Registered
659 Posts
Not that they have to be but, you did take the spark plugs out right ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts