Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if the suspension on the CB/CJ 360 is supposed to be really bumpy? I changed the fork oil but it still is pretty rough. I realize its not a goldwing and its using 40 year old technology which is understandable but I am curious if something is wrong or its normal. I have no experience with these machines.

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
Just wondering if the suspension on the CB/CJ 360 is supposed to be really bumpy? I changed the fork oil but it still is pretty rough. I realize its not a goldwing and its using 40 year old technology which is understandable but I am curious if something is wrong or its normal. I have no experience with these machines.
What springs and oil used?

Manual calls for atf in front. Stock shocks and springs in rear?
Many after market rear shocks are too high a spring rate.
Are the front forks clean internally? Anything over 10 wt is too high.

My 360 is a rougher ride than my 91 750, but I've owned the 360 since it was a year old, and it is a bit bumpy, the 750 is Cadillac ride, 360 is more like jeep wrangler.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am using stock springs in the rear I think. They aren't changed from when I got it, pretty rusty but they work fine. The front forks are stock I put in 15w fork oil...I guess that's too high. As far as I know everything in the front is stock. The PO is deceased so theres no telling...the internals look good though.

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
I am using stock springs in the rear I think. They aren't changed from when I got it, pretty rusty but they work fine. The front forks are stock I put in 15w fork oil...I guess that's too high. As far as I know everything in the front is stock. The PO is deceased so theres no telling...the internals look good though.
Try 5 weight in the front. Also, rear springs are probably right if stock. But shocks may be bad. Try exercising them and see if they bind or have poor control. You can take off one at a time to check.

Make sure replacements are for a small displacement bike. Many after market are listed for both our size bikes and up to 750. These generally are too highly sprung and too highly damped. Good rear shocks will help.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts