Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here ever convert their plain cam bearings into roller bearings? Got details/general costs on this process?

·
Registered
6,495 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Mega Cycle does it for $360. I am sure if you can find a megacycle dealer you can get it done for less.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tip, Maasey! I downloaded megacycle's catalog and found it. that seems pretty reasonable, actually - at least compared to the others who offer this.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just talked to megacycle 2 days ago about said bearings. The most expensive part of the deal was to modify the cam ends and put a hardened sleeve to ride on the needle bearings, My question to them was why, its a cast iron cam only turning 9300 rpm. Then I said even the big cam from 68 69 was a 10500. now this is on a cb350 mind you. But the engineer I talked to didnt realize they made 2 diffrent cam and rockers for the 350.. He said it would distort the cam. my question again was there is still oil flow to the needle bearings, and the only 2 purposes are less crank whip to the points and a free'd up upper rotating mass. More input from the experienced engine guys is excepted PLEASE. Im new to the engine building thing.

·
Premium Member
7,865 Posts
megacycle does this for the 350s...never checked about 450s but suppose they do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts