Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Apart from not being too wide, too narrow, or having the correct number of spoke holes, you must consider the angle that the spoke holes in the rim are drilled at. The spoke holes on any specific rim are purposefully drilled at angles to allow the spokes to be laced at the correct angles for the application.
Spoke holes for a disk brake will be drilled at less drastic angles than those of a rim drilled for a drum brake hub, as the drum hub will be much larger in diameter. Take a look at your rims and compare them to the photos of that eBay rim, you will see similarities or differences in the spoke hole angles.
Also ask the seller's opinion, he may have some expertise to share.

Reactions: J-T

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Id shy away from Brit stuff. Unless you're sure a lot had conical hubs and other stuff going on and I'm pretty sure the holes aren't spaced evenly like they should be for most of our Honda stuff. I'd guess you get about 1 to 1 1/2" + or - hub width and diameter difference from what the rim was originally made for. More than that and you'll have bends in the spokes when laced up.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Have you checked with these guys? : https://www.feked.com/wheels/
I bought a pair of stainless rims for my Norton there, nice quality and a decent price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts