Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1973 CB350G purchased about a month ago. When I first got it the bike was only running on the right cylinder, left was dead. I cleaned the carbs (completely cleaned and replaced all jets). I also replaced the left and right coils and condensers, they were looking a little rough. When I went to start the bike with the cleaned carbs, new coils and new condenser the bike was running on the left cylinder but not the right. How did it go from running on the right cylinder to running on the left? I was frustrated and decided to order set of refurbished carbs (same model - 722A) and same jet sizes (70 and 105). Earlier today I installed the new carbs and now the bike is back to running on the left cylinder, right isn't turning over (still has spark). There is fuel going to the carbs. I also tried running the left spark plug wire (from the working cylinder) and that isn't working on the right side, just the left. I'm stumped.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
While it's running, pull the right side plug wire loose and hold it up about I/4 inch.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE: Been playing around with this bike all day. On the refurbished carbs I picked up there was a crack in the drain overflow tube so I swapped out with my old carb bowl and now it's running good. I need to tune up a little bit, right exhaust is coughing a little bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts