Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When opening up from 3/4 to full throttle, the bike gets noisy and loses a bit of steam u til I back off the throttle slightly. Things quiet down and engine (and road) speed increase. Is this a sign of rich running at 3/4-full throttle?

ive got 90 mains and 38 slow jets installed now and am thinking of trying 88's. Any thoughts?

thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Could be, could be too lean. Try closing the choke part way when it slows down, that will tell you which way to go.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I will try that tomorrow.
Last week I pulled out of my driveway and the bike was faltering badly, there was sputtering and no power. I looked down and the choke was on, slapped the lever down and all was well. I know i wasn't in the same carb circuit...
thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think the bike is running lean; under acceleration if I lower the choke the bike bogs down immediately, and returns to "normal" just as quick.
either I didn't notice it before or... but the noise and slowing also happens across the throttle range when accerating uphill.
But I did a so-so job of syncing the carbs today and it runs smoother now. Not perfect but better.
i also noticed that the inside baffle on my left exhaust has come loose and is rattling, which is not helping at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts