Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am not an electrical guy. This would be the first time I rewire a bike. I want to rewire my 69cb350 and was wondering if I should get a harness and install it or literally rebuild a harness with new wiring and connectors?

Thx.

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
It isn't particularly hard to build a harness or direct wire point to point, but you need to understand what each wire does and is for.....Plus, getting a lot of different color wires is expensive, and if they don't match the original colors, confusing.....
If you are restoring the bike, get a NOS harness... If you are building a custom, chop, or Cafe', you can go with a simplified set-up and build it yourself, but you still need the basic understanding of what you are doing and how each component functions....... Your call.....

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx, well it is a custom build so I guess a simplified setup would be best. I obviously DO need to know what each wire does. What's the best way to get that info. I have the manual and I see the back has the wiring diagram, but it looks really confusing as all hell.

I've seen diagrams for sale on ebay. What are those things and are they worth the investment? What else can you suggest? Do I just have to suck it up and deal with the manual?

The good news is I am doing this over the winter, so time is on my side.

Thx for any help.

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
I've previously posted a simplified diagram and would be willing to guide you through the wiring......Just how basic do we want the bike?... Minimal?(race).. barely street legal (Lighting)?.... E-start and turn signals?....

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea barely street legal would be it. Right now I do not have turn signals, but I do have a e-start which I do not want to pull off though I heard a lot of people say they are a waste. If it is recommended I remove it then I would only do so when I know the motor will kick start right up.

thx for the help. So what is my first step?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts