Honda Twins banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to have a halogen bulb on my bike while retaining the original headlight assembly, so I decided to saw the original backing off the stock bulb and shatter the bulb inside the headlight. After I did that I just shook the old filament and glass out and popped a sylvania 9005 halogen bulb right in. I used hi-temp silicon to give me a weather tight seal and voila that was it. I used the original wire that was soldered on the back and just resoldered small female connecters on. The only disadvantage with this bulb is a had to decide if I wanted it on hi or low all the time. So I decided to go with no hi beam but the low on this bulb is a 100x's brighter than the factory hi beam ever was. It would be easy to have a hi-low option bulb but I had this bulb laying around from a HID conversion so I went with that. ;) Ill see if I can get some night pics and postem up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Thats a worthy mod I must say...

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Yeah yeah...about 7 more hair spikes and there will be some resemblance....and lower the pants a bit... :lol:

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Why didn't you simply wire in both filaments? (Is that a single filament bulb?) I don't understand why you can't have both beams.....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 9005 halogen is a 2 prong bulb so when I hooked up the bulb I wired into the low beam side.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Went with a led tail light and took out my speedo light to help with the difference. Plus the halogen is only 55 watt. Stock is 25/35watt, bikes running great and the headlight rocks! Huge improvement over stock, I'll actually ride at night now. ;) This pic was taken with no flash.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts