Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we came up with our own variation of the 555. With all good intentions four of us came up with pre-1980, sub 500cc and purchased for less than $500. Actually, only one of us truly hit the mark with the sub-$500 requirement. Bikes on the trip: CB200, CB175, CL350 and I had the CB360.

Four of us left Fairhope, Alabama on an early Wednesday morning. We took the back roads up through Alabama, crossed over into Mississippi and spent the first night in Starkville. We made it to Memphis the next day and spent that night and next day with a friend. After a late Saturday breakfast we began our journey south, enjoying a small stretch of the Trace with another nights stay in MS. When we pulled into Fairhope on Sunday we had covered 1200 miles. We all had small problems, but nothing too serious: a flat tire, bolts coming loose or falling out even running out of gas (almost). It was a great trip, with good friends and lots of friendly people we met on the way.

-Doug

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
It all made perfect sense to me ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is Richard getting help changing a flat on some backroad in MS. The offending material that caused the flat was an animal tooth! I found this gentleman as he was leaving the only gas station within miles. He drove 20 minutes out of his way to help us and would only accept a thanks in return. Great folks in Mississippi!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts