Honda Twins banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cb400a hawk
Finally got around to making an old automatic running. It has 3850. Miles and all original, even the tires.
Been sitting a long time. The bike missed the recalls for the stator and pick up.
Finally found an updated hawk in NJ for 100$. Both are 1978 400a.

Attachments

·
Registered
625 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Upstate has some of the best riding roads in the country, always been jealous. Good luck with your build!

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Welcome aboard. This is the first I've heard about a recall on the A model. Any literature on that or any other relevant recalls?

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great to see another 400 series here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Where in Upstate? Im in Rochester. My bike started out identical to the orange one before starting a "cafe" project. Im to the wiring point, trying to figure out what I can eliminate. 38760501_10156690446086882_4074236960879673344_n.jpg

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Seems he might have been a one-post 2 poster... how is that even possible anyway? 2 posts in the same day, yet his total shows 1... in any event, he has't been around since September 30th last year

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Where in Upstate? Im in Rochester. My bike started out identical to the orange one before starting a "cafe" project. Im to the wiring point, trying to figure out what I can eliminate.
Looks like you've eliminated a few things... that rear brake rod might be important :D

in any event, please take a look at the link below to familiarize yourself with the forum guidelines and post an introduction for us, so we can get to know you and your bike better to be of better help in the future - thanks, and enjoy the most helpful forum on the internet.

https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/23-member-introductions/121120-critical-read-before-posting.html

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Im sorry but IMHO $100.00 if it has a title. No title I wouldnt drag it home unless I needed a few parts.

Bill
Those wheels will work nicely on a lot of 18"/19" Hondas of our era. Only a little bit of canoodlin' required.
The entire front end will transplant almost as a bolt-on on a lot of our bikes, and have a much cleaner look than rubber fork gaitors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts