Honda Twins banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
That's a nice gaitor top solution. I've made similar on the lathe from hockey pucks, but I make the ID tight on the fork tubes to help keep rainwater from poiluring in.

·
Super Moderator
23,089 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Little League has been canceled because of coronavirus, so I've had a lot more tinkering time at night. Here's the latest mockup, the next step is turn signals and the speedo/indicator lights. And drilling the bars for recessed controls.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Please tell me the front end is still in mock-up stage - because I don't see the torque strap on the front brake backing plate (or the cable either). Just don't want you to forget it
Ha! Yep, I just snapped this pic while working. Torque strap and cables are sitting on my workbench. There's also no throttle cable, any kind or electrical controls, turn signals, etc. It needs more TLC before going anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
You'd really be surprised, that question has saved a few members from considerable danger.
Brake torque arms have sometimes been forgotten. While not always resulting in injury to the rider, the results have included broken cables whipping around as they wind around the brake hub, or in the case of a rear brake, the actuator rod noisily clanging against frame, fender and possibly muffler as it winds around the brake side wheel spacer.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts