Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to Honda's and a greenhorn with most stuff mechanical. I fixed up an old Dutch Moped I found in a barn when I was younger and that shoved me down the path to bring old bikes back from the dead. From there I got a '74 Yamaha enduro last year and got it running, still repairing the clutch on it, but should be ready to rip in a week or two. About two weeks ago I picked up a '72 CL350 off of Craigslist and I've done most of the simple stuff (clean carbs, gap points, replace cables, clean airboxes, etc), now I'm in to the bane of nearly every barn bike, wiring. It's old, it's sat, in short, it's a mess, but with some help from here and some good old fashioned "that might work" I'm hoping to get it running by the end of summer, so I can play the getting a title in WI over winter (going with the VT thing, hopefully that works with WI draconian title rules). With that I leave you all to make some beer and cheese jokes and I'll even add one of my own "What do they call summer in Wisconsin?", three weeks of bad sledding. I'm not sure how to set a signature like the sticky suggested, so if anyone can point me in the right direction there that'd be lovely as well, thanks again.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Welcome aboard, any pictures of this fine beast?
Signature lines can be added after a number of posts (10-15) to keep spammers away. Yeah, they actually will join and post then add a spam tag line in the signature section

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
0429181440_HDR.jpg

Hopefully that worked, going with the Candy Panther gold when I'm done getting it running, right now no spark, but I have a few things I want to try before I start a thread asking for assistance. Familiarizing myself with a voltage tester for now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
0429181440_HDR_notsideways.jpg

And now for one that's not side-ways

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
And now for one that's not side-ways
Thanks for that - it seems many either don't notice or they think we live at 90° angles... and no beer and cheese jokes from me, we have our own issues here in the land of mosquitoes year round, lovebugs in the spring and fall, and rain at any moment even when it isn't raining across the street :lol: and did I mention the ever-present humidity, and hurricanes in September and even October sometimes??

·
Registered
353 Posts
View attachment 252706

Hopefully that worked, going with the Candy Panther gold when I'm done getting it running, right now no spark, but I have a few things I want to try before I start a thread asking for assistance. Familiarizing myself with a voltage tester for now.
Welcome Pete! Hope you enjoy the forum. I had a no start a few weeks ago and it was the fuse. One of the fuses is for the main start circuit. Testing the battery is always a good starting point too. Might be better if you start another post in the electrical issues section. Are you getting lights when you turn the key?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts