Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tachometer is a little jumpy and everything is pretty faded. Cable is new and greased. I cracked open the tach and it looked like the PO tried to clean it up a bit but idk whats going on in there. RTV everywhere, the needle isn't removable, lots of grime. I tried cleaning it up as best as I could and added a bit of lube but it is still the same. I also have a bad experience buying used parts as everything I bought was slightly bent or not working. Anyways, used sets on ebay are like 30-50 and in questionable conditions so I been seeing if there are any decent reproductions at a good price.

Anyone have any experience with these?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Honda-...110977?hash=item4651bde841&LH_ItemCondition=3

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
No experience with them, hadn't even seen them until now... but they don't look too bad, fairly accurate repros. The spread of numbers on the gauges isn't quite what the OEMs are, but if accurate and reliable they'd be at a good price

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I guess it really depends on how original you want to keep the bike. Many here have gone to aftermarket combo (sometimes digital) gauges, but I prefer the original look. I found a member who was selling his unfinished build and bought his refurbished gauges, but even then the refurb was cosmetic only and I had to do more work on them after buying them... these are all pretty old now and most will need a little lube and maybe even a repair, but if you want OEM you'll just have to scour the internet and be vigilant

·
Registered
625 Posts
I've got at least 5 old speedometers that I've bought from $10-$30 on eBay over the years, non of them currently working, waiting for Christmas when they will become ornaments on my tree. My advice is to be patient, don't waste 75$ on crappy sets from Thailand. Originals will pop up on eBay, OEM will be $$$$. If you find a good used one make sure the seller has had them tested. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts