Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the norda wiring harness from DCC. I have 2 left over from the harness and 4 left from the bike in the headlight.
From harness :
Brown & purple

From headlight :
Light blue
White /yellow
One seafoam green color
And one that looks like a mix between the seafoam and light blue really strange. Sometimes it looks like it should go with light blue but then again it looks close to the seafoam. Lol
Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
I would think the best source for answer would be DCC where you purcahsed the harness.
Is it A 100% Match for Honda 350 OEM Colors?

Attached is a Hi-Res wiring diagram for the basic 350's.
Right click and OPEN in a NEW TAB to enlarge.

Plan Floor plan Text Diagram Technical drawing

Typically there will Always be a leftover Brown inside the hedlight bucket.
On NON- US Models that was for front running lights.
It is powered when the Headlight/Talight are on.

Light BLUE is the RIGHT side Turn Signal.
Pale Green should be HORN.
White/Yellow is Switched with the HI-Beam to Add the secondary windings for full output of the alternator
There is NO PURPLE Wire in a standard 350 Harness that I have seen.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I figured it out this weekend but forgot to update. I unraveled the front part of the harness because I wasn't getting power either, so I wasn't able to use a traditional tester. Turns out One of the wires in the harness (don't remember which now} that connected to the Key ignition was pinched. I was turning the key to on and twisting around the wire harness near the connector for the ignition and the lights would turn on. Stripped down the jacket and noticed it. I then put the Mikuni carbs on that I received, new rect/reg combo and connected the pamco. Barely tapped the starter button and it came to life. Now that I have it running with A/F tuned in, it's time to tear it back down and start doing the cosmetics.
Thank you for your help.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Just adding my experience here: I got a Norda replacement harness for the CB360 also from DCC. I ran into a similar observation: I saw that their colors do not match up 100% and they added some extra wiring that is not used. I would have a Honda Manual wiring diagram on hand and use process of elimination to whittle down what is what. I also noted that the Norda harness white plastic multi-connector design did not match up with my electrical component couplings, so I ended up punching 1/2 of them out and replacing them with the old grungy OEM ones.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So now I’m in this boat...where does the purple wire go? And do you know of any one that has a digital copy of the Norda wiring diagram? I think their printer messed up when they send my hard copy. Any help would be greatly appreciated

1 - 6 of 6 Posts