Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At some time in the future I have to replace my spokes ( and maybe the rims ) on my SL350 K2 . Most of the spokes are Rusted or corroded . As I like live in Queensland , Australia , I know how high the freight costs are as I've have already lost a set carbies recently . Since I've trolling the 'net . I've noticed new spokes and rims coming coming out of Thailand of all places and I'm asking if anyone has bought them and the build quality of them . The freight cost would approximately have compared to getting the same parts from America .

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I had seen those on Ebay in recent years too, sent a few emails and did a little research myself. 3-4 years ago they were all over Ebay under the name 'Racing Boy'. My research found that they are a big company with factories in Malaysia and Thailand and a few others, they have or had their own racing team, distributors all over the world except in the US. I found one member over on SOHC4 who'd used them on two bikes along with the stainless spokes that they were being sold with on ebay at the time. The spokes seemed to be lighter gauge but worked well enough otherwise. The color anodized wheels would fade if left out in the sun, but otherwise he said quality was good and he had no issues.
Recently I've heard rumors that Buchanan's in California were sourcing their alloy wheels from asian companies, there is ZERO proof of this though you'll find no claim on their website that their alloy wheels are 100% made in USA.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that , it looks like I can save some money for once , The off-roading this bike will be doing is down my 200 long ''driveway'' .

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
I believe that the rims I just got from Rising Sun via 4 into 1 originated in Thailand. They seem to be pretty good quality for the price and, and the standard zinc coated spokes I used went in the rims without any issues.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that . the biggest lesson I've learnt here ( probably also for everyone else as well ) , DO NOT leave your favorite bike In an open shed with a dirt floor if you decide or intend to ''restore it '' twenty years later .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts