Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The little push button switch exploded ,anybody know of a substitute switch to put in the control lever housing.can i just take one out of another model lever? Certainly Honda must have used this switch in something else. I cant even find a part number.

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
Same button used for both horn and starter.

Reactions: Bill H and jd50i

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
There are several on flea bay for sale. dont look that great but you could use the button off one of them.

Bill

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish that was it ,the buton on a 76 200t , the starter "button " is a SPDT switch made in a brittle plastic case. I made another case out of modeling styrene . ill see if that lasts til i can find one. thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
I wish that was it ,the buton on a 76 200t , the starter "button " is a SPDT switch made in a brittle plastic case.
Really ? Sounds like a previous owner has fitted something non standard. Can we see a photo of it ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its the standard switch for that model as well as in a cb500f, maybe other models as well but Honda doesnt have a part #for just the switch that i can find. I guess they wanted to sell the whole control not just the switch.There is a place that i found that 3d prints just the Plastic casing for the thing. i was just hoping some one here might know ofa more modern switch tha t would fit

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
I'm still confused. On the CMNSL website, CB200T right hand switch looks same as later CL175 etc etc.

cb200sw.JPG

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes the whole thing is confusing, some models have a simple spst pushbutton like you are tailking about.some like mine have a spdt switch (which kills the headlight while the starter is on) some have a toggle to kill the headlight and aspst button. From the outside of the control they look the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts