Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done my best over the last several months clamping, duct taping and gluing my left mirror in place on my CL350, but it's just too stripped out to hold on anymore. It's just floppy now.
I'm wondering what options you guys would suggest for replacements. I'm guessing bar end mirrors are my best bet. Are any of them better than others? What style do you guys prefer?

Sent from my SM-T337T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
589 Posts
I've had success drilling out the aluminum mount with the stripped threads and inserting a helicoil. It shouldn't strip again after that.

Reactions: Gremson and brianF

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
If you go for bar end mirrors, be sure to buy ones with convex (dished out) mirrors. Flat glass is like trying to look behind you through a toilet paper tube. Anothr consideration is get ones that fold flat against the handlebar ends. It gives more room when packing motorcycles in the the garage. I love my Hind Sight Lane Splitters.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Success! I was able to find low enough profile nuts here in Reno to sandwich over the handlebar mounts. Now as long as the mirror itself doesn't strip out, it should last me indefinitely. Or until I do all the things that I've been planning to do!

Sent from my SM-T337T using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.