Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to start working on the engine for my sons 1968 CB160 but don't have an ignition key.
I see them on ebay and see that they are associated with an ID number. How do I figure out what number I will need?
Last minute thought here, can I bypass the ignition switch until I get a key?
thanks

·
Sensei
27,161 Posts
The number is usually stamped right into the face of the lock (arched over the key slot)... A wire from B+ through a toggle to both the black coil wires will allow it to run.... no lights... another jumper to brown should fix that...

·
Registered
134 Posts
ya know my 5 year old boy locked my saddle bag on my gl and i had not key, i cant really figure out how he done it but he did. i was fearing the worst taking it to a local locksmith. well they unlocked it in less than 5 min and cut me keys for my gl ign. saddlebags and fairing pocket (all different) and 2 sets for $18. So i would try taking it off and to a smith, if it has the code they can look it up and not they still can make one.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
I've had good luck with one of our local locksmiths- take the lock to them and they cut a key, or if you have the code they can cut a key with that, pretty painless and not expensive at all. Just get on the phone and call some of the older locksmiths in your area, I'll bet one of them will hook you up in a heartbeat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts