Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CL350 exhaust is shot!! Tried to mig it up and all I managed to do was open a big ol' can of worms. So now I got to find a good set of replacement mufflers. I'd like to keep the original pipes and just weld up some new mufflers on it. Anybody have any good ideas?

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I think I heard somewhere that the exhaust tips from an old VW Bug can be used. I think that was for CL77's though but it might be worth investigating.
Don

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Actually, the VW tips were for 100/125 singles and the 160/175/200 twins.... I believe they'll be too small in diameter for the 350....Might fit with an adapter tho....

·
Registered
608 Posts
my 70 cl350 has a set of the emgo shortys on it, a bit to loud for my tastes had a sharp exhaust note so I took some 1 1/2 muffler exhaust pipe and fitted 4" extentions into the rear of the emgos lower exhaust note and slightly quieter to my ear

Attachments

·
Registered
608 Posts
jc whitney has them

http://www.jcwhitney.com/CHROME-PLATED- ... _10111.jcw

these were on the bike when I got it, there are several styles to choose from, the 16'' tapered or the slash cut side draft might not need the pipe extentions, the megaphone types won't work due to the pipes needing to be so close together, I think the center to center distance on the pipes is only about 2 1/4" so the mufflers have to be fairly small diameter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.