Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I recently ordered a stainless steel allen bolt set for a CB450 1972. The bolts look great but I'm not exactly sure where they're all supposed to go. I'm not sure I'd trust the bolts that are currently in the engine as they might have been replaced improperly to begin with :p

2014-10-16 00.37.37.jpg

14 medium length with no spacers (bottom left)
2 long with long spacer (bottom middle)
4 medium with short spacer (bottom right)
1 medium-long with medium spacer (top left)
3 short with flat head (top middle)
3 medium-long with flat head (top right)

Any help sorting these out would be much appreciated!

·
Sensei
27,171 Posts
Hey all,

I recently ordered a stainless steel allen bolt set for a CB450 1972. The bolts look great but I'm not exactly sure where they're all supposed to go. I'm not sure I'd trust the bolts that are currently in the engine as they might have been replaced improperly to begin with :p

View attachment 47256

14 medium length with no spacers (bottom left)...Remaining holes in case covers after positioning the bolts below:
2 long with long spacer (bottom middle).....Sprocket cover
4 medium with short spacer (bottom right) ....Case cover holes with guide tubes
1 medium-long with medium spacer (top left)
3 short with flat head (top middle) ....Oil filter cover
3 medium-long with flat head (top right)... Dyno cover...Don't forget to add the O-rings.....

Any help sorting these out would be much appreciated!
Easy method...(other than the flat-heads)...insert a bolt... IF it goes all the way in it's wrong...If it sticks out much over 1/2 inch it's wrong....If about 3/8 to 1/2 inch shows when simply inserted, install it....

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
What Steve says is a good guide but if you want to know for sure - the On-Line parts Fiches usually define the thread diameter & length for the bolts.

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts