Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a CB200 with leaking carbs that are probably in need of a cleaning and rebuild but I am seeing new replacement carbs on ebay and a few other online stores. Has anyone purchased a new set and replaced the old ones? If so, did they work out well for you? Did you have to sync them or are they pretty much pull out the old and put in the new ones?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Theres been a few threads with people using them, generally they seem to work.
They are not without issue though.
Your stock carbs are left and right handed ( so its easy to adjust them) the copys arent so one carb will have the adjustment screws faceing the frame, making ig harder to adjust.
The jets are unknown, so if you need new jets which ones? Make a change to your air filters or exhaust or ride the bike at altitude and youll probably need to change the jets

When you say the carbs are leaking, from where? The 200's cam will melt if you thin the oil with gas. Since your carbs are leaking externally theh may also be letting gas into the oil, smell your oil if ig smells gassy then change it straight away

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Theres been a few threads with people using them, generally they seem to work.
They are not without issue though.
Your stock carbs are left and right handed ( so its easy to adjust them) the copys arent so one carb will have the adjustment screws faceing the frame, making ig harder to adjust.
The jets are unknown, so if you need new jets which ones? Make a change to your air filters or exhaust or ride the bike at altitude and youll probably need to change the jets

When you say the carbs are leaking, from where? The 200's cam will melt if you thin the oil with gas. Since your carbs are leaking externally theh may also be letting gas into the oil, smell your oil if ig smells gassy then change it straight away
Thanks for the response and info.

One side leaks out of the bottom fuel drain when it is started. I tightened the drain screw as tight as it can go and it still leaks. I have not worked on carbs before so I am trying to decide how tough it would be to either rebuild or replace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts