Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bike is a 1973 CB350G. There was no electrical issue before I ripped wires apart when replacing throttle cable. I noticed that the PO must have made the same mistake as I, because it looks to be re-soldered at the connections in the switch housing. Anyway, I decided to order an OEM right side switch from eBay.. last one in stock. I was having a difficult time trying to fit that damn pin in the hole on the handlebars, like the throttle tube was too short... I was able to get it but it was very tight. When I go to turn the igition, nothing... no lights at all, no power. Even the left side switch turn signals and horn were not working. All 9 wires from the right hand switch were plugged in to the correct wires in the headlight bucked. I went through all of the connections and they look good from what I can see. I am getting 12 volts the igition wires in the headlight bucket in all 3 ignition positions. Forgot to mention (and this may be the issue?) the yellow/red wire to the starter button came apart so I will need to re-solder that. I hope all of the jumbled up words make sense. 20171202_114104.jpg 20171202_114104.jpg 20171202_114233.jpg 20171202_114222.jpg

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The pictures don't really mean much, not sure why I posted them. The headlight bucket pictures are without the right hand switch connected.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All wires look right.. This cable running from the negative terminal just gets capped off and tucked away, right? 20171202_142207.jpg

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only cable coming from the handbars is the left switch wires (I don't have the right switch installed currently). This brown wire is connected at the fork clamp though. Sorry the photo is rotated. 20171202_144353.jpg

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am getting 12.5v at most of the wires in the headlight bucket. The yellow wires (solid, and yellow/white) I am not getting any voltage at.

·
Registered
505 Posts
The yellow and yellow/white are part of the charging circuit and should not have any power when the bike is not running. The switch connects them together when the lights are on to supply more charging voltage. It's a common charging system "upgrade" to just hard wire them together.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Jay. Should I be getting power to the rest of the wires with the ignition key turned off? I'm thinking maybe a short in the system some where. Please excuse me, I am very novice but trying to learn. Electrical is very foreign to me.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Sorry about not responding. My afternoon suddenly got busy.
Can you confirm what wires you have coming from the rt pod switch.
Also confirm if your black wire connections have power at the harness when they key is on.

Edit, and check your fuse

·
Registered
505 Posts
I am getting 12.5v at most of the wires in the headlight bucket. The yellow wires (solid, and yellow/white) I am not getting any voltage at.
When you check for power what are you using for the ground to the multi-meter? If you're not using the green connector in the headlight, try it. If no power you may have a ground problem.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jay, I've been putting one probe on the positive terminal and other probe on the end of the wire connection.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Doode - brown/white, white/yellow, white, yellow, yellow/red, blue, black/white and 2 black. OEM brand new.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts