Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This randomly popped out while topping off my front tire and I have no idea how to replace it or which size to purchase. I saw a video talking about replacing these without removing the tire, but it was for cars and I'm not finding a lot of follow-up information.

Does anyone have any knowledge on this one? The tire has a lot of tread so I'm hoping to have a semi-easy fix.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Not sure what you mean by "spindle", might help if you could post a pic.

Whether it's the valve core or the entire valve stem it can be replaced without removing the tire, not too difficult either.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what you mean by "spindle", might help if you could post a pic.

Whether it's the valve core or the entire valve stem it can be replaced without removing the tire, not too difficult either.

It's the entire valve stem (wasn't sure of the terminology). It just yanked out with my pressure gauge when I was filling it up and the tire just plummeted. The 80's Hondas have no tube (unless I'm confused). Do you have anywhere you could direct me to get info on how to get a new valve and replace it?

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Go to your local Harley dealer, he should have the correct size. It's a metal, screw on type and yes Comstars are tubeless. Rubber valve stems don't belong on motorcycles IMO

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any suggestions on how to find out the correct size? The way it's rigged right now I won't be able to get it to a shop likely (my buddy with a truck is out of town as well).

Is this something I can look up simply by checking the tire size? Or does it have to do with the opening on the comstar rims?

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
It is determined by the size of the hole in the rim. The replacement is best accomplished with the wheel removed from the bike, so, you could take just the rim/tire to the shop. They'll be able to match it up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts