Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Sure but I doubt you'll get the Badge holder back in.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
With appropriate skills and tools that appears repairable. How does the rest of it look? Heavy rust inside? Pinholes?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With appropriate skills and tools that appears repairable. How does the rest of it look? Heavy rust inside? Pinholes?
It's rusty. Had the outside sandblasted. Was going to try a cleaner on the inside. The badge holder was bent weird and when I tried to bend it back I screwed this up.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
500 Posts
I soaked the inside of mine in Metal Rescue and came back clean. Might be better to bring it to a shop and get it done right the first time and also fill in the badge holder could be the way to go. Just a thought! I also sprayed all my metal parts with Rust Converter before primer and paint. This way, i'm hoping runst will never come back again ever. Fingers' crossed!

I don't know if you do the sandblasting yourself or not, but make sure you do it with an angle, not 90 degrees.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Look what happened to this guy's tank if not fix properly. You don't want that after paying lots of $$$ to paint it.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
If you're planning on lining the inside I'd be tempted to jbweld it. But that's just me, I bet a pro would silver solder it or some othe magic.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I would do a pressure test before doing anything, that would give you an indication of the overall condition of the tank.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Make the tank and badge holder clean of rust and paint and take it to a radiator shop, the older the shop the better they have epic soldering skills

Reactions: Lefty
1 - 10 of 10 Posts