Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I wonder if anyone can recommend me a rectifier/regulator replacement unit for my 1974 cb360 (cb250g5). I've looked online and there are plenty of 12v options but I'm not sure what specifics my bike requires. THANKS, H

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi, I wonder if anyone can recommend me a rectifier/regulator replacement unit for my 1974 cb360 (cb250g5). I've looked online and there are plenty of 12v options but I'm not sure what specifics my bike requires. THANKS, H
From the reviews I've read, even the cheap Chinese ones you get on ebay work pretty well. Never bought one of those but I have bought $5 knockoff starter solenoids that worked great. I know on some Hondas there is an extra black wire that doesn't exist on aftermarker R/Rs, but it isn't needed anyway. There are others know more than I do, but I'm pretty sure a 12v combo regulator rectifier is a standard part not unique except in how it mounts. If it keeps voltage between 14-15v it should be fine, though I know the better aftermarket ones will greatly improve charging.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I did a little research and they are all the same with a few exceptions. The prices range from $25 to $150, though, as I said, I read a few reviews of a $25 Chinese unit of a brand I can't recall and most reviews were good.

·
Registered
866 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Second the Sparck Moto one. Plug and play with the existing harness, mounts well to the battery box with one of the existing screws.

·
Registered
569 Posts
+1 on the sparkmoto unit. Good support and service and the unit is plug and play if you let him know your bike. Active member and supporter of this site too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts