·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:!:

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Rod, Yep, it WOULD help to find an internal schematic.... The 450 has a two phase winding....There is more than one possible sequence of three phases , so you would need to know the orientation of the internal diodes even to ascertain IF it can work and which two terminals to connect to......As for your P-T-N configuration, the only sure thing is the trigger (whichever one it is) connects to the yellow wire.....
If you knew FOR SURE which terminal WAS either the pos or the neg, you could read across the inputs to it to determine diode directionality...However, if you accidently try on the trigger it could ruin the test as the SCR might "read" in either direction.....Set meter for continuity test, touch red (pos ) probe to a "yellow" input terminal... It SHOULD show continuity if the black (common) probe is on negative.......None if it is on the pos terminal....Reversing the probe (colors/positions) should yield the opposite results....the unit may work on the bike using ANY two of the possible three input connections....Depends on the diode sequence....
If you can't figure it out from this, post the results, I'll translate...LOL....
AN ohm reading across the diodes (input terminals to neg) will help me determine how many diodes its traveling through as well ......Steve

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Fins up would be my best guess (looking at a Hawk reg/rect), but without a trigger hooked up, it'll go past 15V to the battery/lights, etc....

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
You COULD simply hook up the three yellows and use the voltmeter of the VOM with the engine idling.....Any positive Voltage reading would indicate correct pos to pos connection.... If the meter zero's or goes neg, you are backwards...

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

1 - 6 of 6 Posts