Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-CD-C...h=item54640939f8:g:tBAAAOSwE9Bbt1EM:rk:1:pf:0

Has anyone swapped out their old stock unit for one of these. It is the most visually similar, but the wires are different colors. With the connector facing me I have, left to right, pink, blue, and green on top and yellow, blank, yellow on the bottom.
This new unit has pink, black, green on top and red, blank, yellow on the bottom.

How can one know what the wires on the new unit are supposed to connect to?

I have a new coil and exhaust gaskets on their way and the bike won't run until these are installed so I can't test the old regulator/rectifier, but buying a new one is really a precaution against depending on old electronics.

Thank you,
Justin

·
Sensei
27,160 Posts
Honda STOCK color codes:
Pink ...AC input
Yellow... AC input
Red....DC positive
Green... DC negative
Black....DC system voltage limiting (regulator over-voltage trigger) sensing connection
All would connect color to same color in the stock harness.....

The unit with two Yellows is NOT stock, but USUALLY Yellows are the AC wires, Red DC+, Green DC-,
so that leaves Blue as previously connected to Honda harness Black and acting as the voltage sensor/trigger

·
Sensei
27,160 Posts
Justin.... NOTE that IF you are looking at the wire colors in the connector at the end of the wiring coming OUT from the alternator, the STOCK 1980 CM 200 Honda set-up has a BLUE wire (point wire) and a Green with Red stripe wire (neutral switch) in addition to the Pink, Yellow, and White alternator stator wires...... If in doubt, phone 540-525-5199

1 - 4 of 4 Posts