Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My regulator and rectifier are shot. I saw a cheapo combo on ebay. Don't what to spend a lot of money but also don't want to fry anything. Also saw a kohler knock off. Any suggestions or experience with these? Or should I go expensive? Here are the links.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sparck is good folks. I bought an el-cheapo reg/rec off ebay for a '79 GL1000 to replace the shot regulator (allowing 17.8 Volts!) and it has worked for one season.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went w the RICKS regulator recitifer combo on my 1972 cl 350 wow what a difference gained power and red lined much quicker cant say enough about the positive differences...and as everyone knows any power gain u notoce on a 350....and im not having to recharge the battery charging at 14 plus volts !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Update: I found a loose wire from the stator and I'm getting 50vac now, before it was 30vac. This was probably my problem all along. I did buy el cheapo rectifier/regulator from ebay and it works as advertised. It does both rectify and regulate. It plugs right in to where the old rectifier was, but you need to remove your old regulator that's under your battery box as it's no longer needed. I added a $3, 20a inline fuse from Lowes on the positive to the new rectifier/regulator just to be safe if failure happens. It max regulates @ 14.1vdc with the headlight off. I know it's regulating because if I hook up the old rectifier with the regulator removed, it will max @15.6 with the headlight off. Total cost was about $20.
new reg.jpg old reg.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts