Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm trying to replace my straight-through emgo exhaust which doesn't seem to run that well on my 350. Can anyone recommend a small universal muffler that is chambered or set up so it provides enough back pressure? I'd still like something compact, between 12"-14" long, and not too sporty/modern.

Thanks.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also if anyone is rocking the David Silver spares reproduction mufflers, I'd be curious to know how they sound relative to stock. Looking for something a bit meaner than stock.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi.
I've fitted a pair of Dave Silvers repros on my 350K2. I have no originals to compare with, the ones on mine were well rusted out. But, I have a very cloudy memory of my 1970 CB and these do replicate that old soundtrack. The engine runs very well with them so no issues with performance. They are not as well finished as the originals in that the seam is a little rougher and more pronounced, but beggars cant be chosers and at least they do keep to the spirit of the bike. Only the most anal rivet counter would dismiss them. Not a bad price too, but don't know what shipping costs would be to the States.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I also have those DS mufflers. The chrome still holds up pretty nicely after 5 years and they sound okay. But I cannot compare them to original pipes because I never had those. All I know is that when I ride the bike they are not very quiet, especially compared to the CB200 with standard mufflers I used to own. You can hear them pretty good when you are on the bike. Which is a good thing, I guess. This is how they sound on my bike...

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Sounds pretty authentic from my memory of the seemingly millions of CB350s I heard at the shops back in the day. Interesting look with the satin black top bridge and handlebar mounts combined with the polished switches like the earlier models

1 - 6 of 6 Posts