Honda Twins banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went through very thorough dip cleaning for a pair of VB24s, during assembly found the accelerator pump nozzle to be blocked (tiny spring and ball removed from housing), attempted removal as it had screwdriver slot in it, and shes not moving, may have to be drilled out carefully. But where in the heck can one find a nozzle, as carb kits are hard enough to find for this model as it is (I bought two carb kits, incl. air cut offs, and accel pump diaph/spring). Thanks, Ron

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Are you referring to the check ball assembly in the center of the pump cover? If so then keep trying to spray carb cleaner through giving it time to soak in between. If that doesn't work after a day or so then you're left with blowing it out with compressed air. You have the ball, very fine tiny spring below that brass square slug. Extremely easy to loose those so wrap the cover in a cloth/towel to catch the pieces and the blow through the outer hole.
If you're referring to the check valve in the body look on the bowl side of the valve. There's a small feed hole there that you can put a drill bit into to drive the ball/spring and slug out. Again very small easy to loose parts.
If it's the small nozzles in the throat at the choke plate it's a case of soaking and applying high pressure air plus trying fit a wire probe into the nozzle that really can't be seen so you're working blind. I don't know of a viable way to remove the nozzles for cleaning

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much Jim! Yeah its the nozzle in the throat< I will try to access from other side of throat with long extension on air nozzle and/or wire, I damaged it a bit trying to remove it, but still may be saved.. I will check one in the cover as well, didnt know there was one there too.
Once again, many thanks, this helps. Cheers, Ron

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
You can try squirting Simple Green or CLR into the passage and onto the nozzle. Stuff is pretty corrosive to brass so you don't want to submerge and leave overnight.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a question regarding the valves in the picture below: Should I expect both carb bodies to contain the ball (and spring?), so that the hole at the red arrow should look the same as the one with the blue arrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Also, the nozzles that stick into the throat don’t seem to have an opening. [See attached picture] I cannot manage to get anything through them, despite two Pinesol soaks and countless applications of carb cleaner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
The right body is blocked there, fuel comes from the accel pump on the left up thru the hole then transfers via the pipe to the right.
The opening in the nozzle is on the back side of the brass tube, almost impossible to see or find. You can heat up a sewing needle and bend it into a U. Then start probing the back side with the tip to find the orifice and unblock it. Real PITA

·
Registered
60 Posts
one of the things I bought before rebuilding my carbs were 3d printer nozzle cleaners. There is a whole bunch of different sizes and they are fairly cheap. They are also made of spring steel which is nice and they are long and sharp. Search them up on youtube, they work great for clearing out small passageways and orifices in the carbs. Much better than my carb cleaning tool where the cleaners are always a bit large for the motorcycle carbs I have typically cleaned out in the past.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
one of the things I bought before rebuilding my carbs were 3d printer nozzle cleaners. There is a whole bunch of different sizes and they are fairly cheap. They are also made of spring steel which is nice and they are long and sharp. Search them up on youtube, they work great for clearing out small passageways and orifices in the carbs. Much better than my carb cleaning tool where the cleaners are always a bit large for the motorcycle carbs I have typically cleaned out in the past.
Looked and there's so many versions to choose from, maybe post a link for the ones you bought?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts