Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just rebuilt my carbs (thanks for the input) and now I'm trying to get my throttle cables hooked back up and dialed it. I am having a lot of trouble reattaching the return cable, am I doing something wrong or do I really just need to put the muscle and vice grips to it?

·
Registered
635 Posts
You don't need force if you start with the handlebar end first put both cables on the twistgrip end first, wind in all the adjusters, route them round the headstock as per the FSM and then connect the pull cable then the push cable to the carbs with all the slack wound into the adjusters on the carb end. Then adjust the slack out of the carb end and finish with the twistgrip end. Move the bars from left to right to check the cables aren't trapped before starting the engine.
Actually they are both pull cables; one to open and one to shut the carbs. The spring should close the throttles when you release the pull. The nipple can only fit in one way so you need to back off the adjusters to do this. It might be easier to fit the cables with the carbs off the bike before fitting them onto the intake stubs.
HTH
Nigel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts