Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody running rearsets with CL high pipes? My son wants to install some on his 1973 CL450. It looks like the left side peg would have to stick out a lot farther than the stock peg so the rider's leg would clear the fat part of the mufflers. Otherwise it seems like it would be very uncomfortable. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
145 Posts
the mufflers get warm, but the pipes seem to bleed off the majority of the heat. With jeans and boots, I don't have a problem. I'm using HD mufflers though; your results may vary....

·
Registered
489 Posts
I havent put mine on yet, but I plan on setting them out a bit from the frame. Probably an inch or two. They will probably end up out near where the stock pegs are but further back. My leg will still be up against the heat shield, but thats what its there for.....to shield the heat.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys. We were discussing this today, and decided to go ahead and try it. Worst case is that we have wasted a little time, but we could sell the rearsets if it didn't work out. Or I could take them for my CB. :lol:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hey Honest Don.

What did you use for exhaust gasket material? Or, did the muffler and pipe match?

I have mocked-up the pipes and mufflers I plan to use but need some type of gasket material so the mufflers fit tight or a clever way to make the stock clamps smaller. I'm trying to keep it as "clean " looking as possible. Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
scout4924 said:
Hey Honest Don.

What did you use for exhaust gasket material? Or, did the muffler and pipe match?

I have mocked-up the pipes and mufflers I plan to use but need some type of gasket material so the mufflers fit tight or a clever way to make the stock clamps smaller. I'm trying to keep it as "clean " looking as possible. Any ideas?

·
Registered
145 Posts
scout4924 said:
Hey Honest Don.

The HD inlets are a little large for Honda pipes. I picked up some reducing collars on either ebay or at the local "all makes" bike shop(sorry, can't remember which)

TBP's idea seems like it would work as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts