Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 1972 CB350. Was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for an inexpensive rear stand that fits the CB350. Thanks!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Are you looking for a rear stand for a specific reason? The center stand and a small amount of weight on the front wheel is enough to get your rear wheel off the ground for chain maintenance and such. I know I have a rear stand for my 1980 Yamaha but I never tried it on my CL350. I can give it a shot today or tomorrow and let you know if it works.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a center stand but seems like a lot of effort to get it on it’s center stand - plus when you take the bike off the center stand it hits the muffler in its final resting position. I had a 1990 GSXR 750 decades ago when I use to ride, and the rear stand was so easy to use. I’m new to vintage motorcycles so I just assumed that the rear stand would be easier to use as well - I really have no clue.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Center stand is a matter of finesse - once you find the sweet spot, they pop right up onto it. It's more of a push-down-with-foot-while-pulling-straight-up-on-handle motion than pulling forward or back. Also, if your center stand is smacking the muffler, you've either got an aftermarket muffler or you're missing the rubber bumper that protects the stock ones from getting dented.

If it's the former, I'm not sure if the CL center stand trick works for the 350 (e.g., on the 360, the CL center stand is a bolt on replacement and has a stop on the frame to keep it from hitting the swingarm or mufflers). If it's the latter, those rubber bumpers are super easy to get (Genuine Honda - Center Stand Stopper - 95011-61000 - CB350 CB400F CB450 CB500 CB550 CB750) - just use a flathead or pliers to gently open the (now-smushed) bracket on the muffler up and pop it into place. Et voila!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts