Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,149 Posts
Oooooooooo. I bought a "good deal" front sprocket once. The good deal ended up costing me a rear wheel, 2 weeks downtime 3,000 miles from home and a $700 rental truck to haul the bike from the middle of nowhere New Hampshire to my best friends house in WV so I could fix it the second time around.

Besides being thick/thin causing the chain to tighten/loosen every revolution is was also machined eccentrically. Nice no name $8 sprocket that by the time it was all said and done was $1000. Makes a nice paperweight now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YIKES good info. I'll be cautious.
Oooooooooo. I bought a "good deal" front sprocket once. The good deal ended up costing me a rear wheel, 2 weeks downtime 3,000 miles from home and a $700 rental truck to haul the bike from the middle of nowhere New Hampshire to my best friends house in WV so I could fix it the second time around.
View attachment 310232

Besides being thick/thin causing the chain to tighten/loosen every revolution is was also machined eccentrically. Nice no name $8 sprocket that by the time it was all said and done was $1000. Makes a nice paperweight now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts