Honda Twins banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm intrested in this as well, how well would paint work on the springs with compression? Actually I was thinkin of painting the springs with black latex like they use on plier handles.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
NE350 said:
I'd rather option "B" since they work great ........
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh man, I'm in tears here.........

They have to be almost the worst shocks ever made, seriously.
Just about any other shocks would work better.
Unless you're doing a persnickety Restoration, this is a perfect excuse to get some real shocks and do yourself a giant favor.

Not trying to be a wise ass here, really........ you won't believe the difference it makes.
New (real) shocks and tapered steering neck bearings are the two single best things you could do for your 350..

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Steve, disregard my previous post. When I look at the shock I took off I saw the light!!!! There is no loop on the bottom......

Well I'll be stuck with the restocking fee I guess, and back shopping for the right ones.

Thanks, Matt

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Matt, It depends on what you are building.... A custom one rider cruiser might do better with a shorter and softer shock, while a Cafe' bike or racer tends to "want" a stiffer, longer shock...... But it also depends on YOUR stature, and the bike.... I'm 5'7" and 165# and don't need longer or real stiff shocks.....especially on a smaller lightweight bike..... A 450 is no lightweight, and if you are 6" and 200# you may require heavy, long shocks...
There are other considerations as well....Lifting the back, or lowering the front (or both)essentially reduces the rake albeit only slightly....this can help make the bike more "nimble" and quicker responding to turning, but may hurt high-speed straight line stability....Lowering the back or raising the front makes it inherently more stable at speed, but sluggish to turn.... EVERYTHING is a compromise and must be "adjusted" for the needs of the rider/bike combination and its intended usage..... For the same reasons that I can't specify ideal gearing for your bike, I can't specify YOUR optimal suspension requirements, I can only indicate general guidelines......
I hope this helps you decide what COULD be best for your needs..... This is a greatly simplified explaination, MANY more factors are actually involved....( Trail, COG, weight percentile distribution, etc....) .....Steve

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Steve,
Thanks for your response. I am not building just restoring. My project is under the "Project" thread, M 1972 CB 350K resto project is underway.
I am just looking to replace the 12.5 inch shocks that are there already. Since I am 6'1" 215lbs I'm leaning towards the 13" ones I came across.

Thanks again, Matt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts