Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have put the whole motor back together minus the cams and cover (covers are off getting polished) so now I am stripping down the frame for powder coating. I assume that since they bake at a high temperature that the swingarm shock bushings need to come out. What's the easiest way to remove them and does anyone have a place to get new ones since these are fairly cracked. Could heating up the swingarm then hammering them out work? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Gotta beat 'em out (unless you have a press).
They're still available from Honda for less than $5 each, as far as I know.......

40548-268-000
RUBBER, RR. SWINGARM (LOWER)

I think 268 is the CB72 code ??
A lot of models use 268 parts for steering bearings/races, stuff like that.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought. I will try a little heat also. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Mine survived the powdercoating oven just fine. It surprised me and the operator.. I just taped over them with high heat powdercoating tape..

They're still solid but not cracked or anything. I think they'll be just fine in the end. Of course, your results may vary..

My parts were heated to around 200 then removed from the oven, shot with powder to be sure of even coverage, then popped back into a 400 degree oven for about 14-18 minutes for final curing.

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think mine are rusted in pretty good. I first shot some corosion x in it for about half an hour then heated it up and beat it like a red headed stepchild and nothing. Mine are pretty cracked so I will probably just get them pressed out. Oh well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts