Honda Twins banner

Rear fender brake light/fender options?

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  krukster86 
#1 ·
So I've finished my tear down and the frame is off to the powder coaters. After thinking for quite awhile I've decided to keep her nearly completely stock. Only things I'm changing are upgrading the ignition and electrics and also the carbs. The only thing I want to change is to get some kind of a slimmer brake light that can fit on the rear fender that still has a vintage look. Even better would be a shorter fender - my fenders are in really good shape and I'd hate to modify them. I don't want to shorten and loop the seat frame portion as I'd like to keep the factory size seat. Any ideas?

Thanks-

DW

#2 ·
I have been thinking about doing the same thing, but because my fenders are busted. The slim tail light you're probably thinking of is called a Lucas tail light. As for the fender, I have seen the trimmed fender look achieved by take the front or back fender and trimming it down and rotating it toward the bike and under the seat. Since both of my fenders are bent, I have the option of choosing from either :)

#4 ·
I've got one of those Lucas style taillights on my bike with a chopped rear fender. I drilled out the sides of the light housing to add some chrome turn signals (with a metal spacer for clearance). Coupled with an LED bulb, it looks really nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.