Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a spring on my rear brake arm. I need to figure out a solution, and since I've never had one on there and I don't know where it should go, can someone help me out here with a picture of the location, or of a proper spring? There is a shop near me and a guy said he would give me a spring, but I just need to know what a proper one looks like.

thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Here you go, I just started disassembly. The one on the left is for the brake light switch, the one on the right is the tension/return spring. The both line up vertically with their attachment points when the lever is not depressed. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
Try the hardware store...It's just a spring....

It's also possible someone here has a spare......

·
Registered
64 Posts
66Sprint said:
Try the hardware store...It's just a spring....
I agree. I used to work in an Auto Parts store and the Dorman nut and bolt had MANY springs like this for drum brake applications. Or you can have them check their books, they usually have pics with actual sizes. The tension might be greater but most feet can probably overpower it!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh no worries on finding the spring, I was just pointing out that that site was limited in what's available. I'm not very clear sometimes, sorry. I have the proper spring after all in my box-o-parts. Thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts