Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just discovered this over the weekend (or rather remembered when I tested it, I've noticed it before but then forgot to investigate). Is this a known issue with these bikes, or is there a 'most common cause, look into this first' issue (like the rear brake light switch) I should be looking into first? Thanks.

·
Sensei
27,161 Posts
If front brake actuates the light but rear won't it's likely the switch or its adjustment....
If neither lights it, check the bulb filament......

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks, suspect the switch too...

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
If your rear switch is original, it is probably sticking. See if you can adjust the height of it (screw the assembly in or out) to help activate it. If that doesn't work, replacements are cheap.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turns out the switch was set too loose and therefore the little spring connected to the pedal arm had disengaged from the pedal. I just re-engaged the spring and tightened the switch and it's solved. I love this bike, everything is always so easy to fix! :p Or at least has been so far. It's a dream. Sometimes I long for a Yamaha MT-07 because the 250 is not all that powerful, but at the same time to get around town super-economically and in a fun way it's really hard to beat... :-D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts