Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Chaps.Well as you know I've been looking for my next project now all the bombers have been done.Well I think I've found it.So the story begins:-
As you are all probably aware I feel it high time I did more riding than spannering and that I also try very hard to put old bike bits back with the bikes where they belong.The bombers were a very good jigsaw all being in bits and I have now found a new jigsaw with more motorcycle parts to deal with that will no doubt will last me forever.
To date I don't know what there is but the business from whence they came was closed about 5 years ago due to a terrible accident.I have agreed to purchase all the stock to help a friend which was last valued at over £30,000.It will take me ages to sort out but thats what I like doing .If you are stuck for anything Kawasaki,yamaha,honda etc.there is a card system and I would be willing to take a look if you have a part number and description and are willing to wait for a reply which may take quite a while and even longer to find it as there is over 3 tons of stuff.
The attached pic is just the first trailer full so you can all see what I will be up against.So long as I get my money back I will be happy but I intend later to open an ebay shop which I hope will be called TRYMEFIRST unless anyone has a better name? to hopefully put these parts back where they belong.
Well I am mad on bombers and probably mad to do this but I'm positive there will be bits you've all been looking for for ages.I think most of the stuff will be from the 70's to late 90's but look what I've already found :D :D most of the stuff is new old stock and sorry to say it but all the bomber stuff has gone.
Please bear in mind that I'm in the UK but I will charge any postage at cost if we can come to any agreements---you can always say no and I would not be offended.
Regards Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
439 Posts
Chris, I see some Yamaha stuffs in there! Is there more and do you happen to have first 3 digit prefixes? PM me man! danWI

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dan this is going to be a mamoth project.I've already seen some Yamaha cables but just to give you an idea this guy was in business for over 35 years in a 4000 sq.ft building.God knows where I'm going to put everything or how long it will take to sort out.It is virtually impossible at this stage to even know what there is as even the card system takes several filing cabinets which I have not yet got here not to mention some of his stuff was on computer.
All I can say at the moment is that there will be literally loads of stuff.I intend to try to sell the large items first,tanks,exhausts, to give me some space but will keep everybody posted on this site to try & help.When the guy had to move out of the building after the accident all his biker friends kept parts at their houses, so everything is still scattered all around Derbyshire and has not been brought together yet under one roof.
I understand everything is bagged up with a number which will relate to the card,bin & part number system.Some of the the racks boxes etc. are still in a van layed down full to the roof.This van is going to be brought here on a low loader as there is too much weight in it for it to move!!!The only way I could possibvly say whether an item may be there or not is by part number and work out how the file system works.If you let me know the digits your'e interested in I will take a look but to list all the stuff would be impossible and its no good for parts you want quickly as this will take months not weeks.I think the best thing to do to start with is for anybody to email me any make & part number requests to [email protected] can print them off and get a file system going so I can answer when I know where I am.Just to give some of you an idea these were the first few boxes I picked out all honda NOS.
Honda 37240-331-163 Taco superceeded by 37250-324-761 (SL125)
Honda 37240-329-008 Taco (XL250 250K0) 1972-1973
Honda 37230-369-740 Speedo (MPH)superceeded by 37200-369-740 (CB250G5 CB360US)
Honda 30502-300-003 Coil L ignition CB750/4 K3/4/5 CB750A 77 78 US
This is going to take me years.I must be mad.Keep you posted .
Regards Chris.[attachment=1:1qeosv5z]new.jpg[/attachment:1qeosv5z]

Attachments

·
Registered
439 Posts
Well, quite the nice cache you have then! If ever you get an inventory list OR want to sell large lot of Yamaha, feel free to contact me. I also know yamaha folk in UK if you'd like to converse with them. Enjoy, danWI

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Dan,Thanks for interest.I would appreciate UK contacts.Feel free to email me [email protected] and I'll put you down as first person to send Yamaha list of items.Looks like over the years a lot of items have got mixed up but just found a brand new CB750K1 camshaft.Last list price was 325 euros and cmsnl havent got one.Mixed up with LN3-360 St50 Cb125 parts etc.etc.etc.Gosh what have I got :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
439 Posts
WOW WOW WOW! sounds like a super nice collection then! I could use a 1972 Cb125S carburator if you have one! I'll get soem addys togather for yas. Cheers man! danWI

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Dan,As I say all this stuff is all over Derbyshire so I went to see what I'm getting involved with.Well the first thing is I will need is to get the old shop computer.If parts are not on that then I need to go to the bin/index file as there are so many parts he never got them all computerised.I'm told there is stuff going back to the 1960's.I asked him which parts he has the most of and for what bikes and the answer was even he didn't know it would be impossible to tell.The only way would be by the part no and the computer.I asked if there were carbs and he replied loads of them.
Again just to give you an example I've pulled out 3- NOS 35250-107-671 CB125S light switches.I'm begining to wonder if I really want to get involved and how to proceed but knowing me I'll be burried in bits and running round in circles.
It will be interesting to see a list from you that I can check and use as an excercis just to give me an idea if any of the bits will ever sell or if there mostly unwanted parts.Regards Chris.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Chris, as long as you have P/N's you can easily identify the bike/year/model etal. I have been using the software for yeats. Contact me offlist and i'll connect you with someone who has the programs you need. [email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Dan,
Did you get my e mail.i.e from [email protected] now you can see what I'm up against each bin compartment has an average of over 20-40 smaller items in it.Well I always wanted my own spares dept.So far I've just picked the odd bit out & checked what model.So far,cs65,ss50,ct201,st5070,pf50,nc50,c90,c95,cb93,cd125,cb175,cb125,c70,cb72,cm72,c3-72,c2b450,cb250,cb450k1,cd175k3,4,cb500k2,cd125s,sl125s-s2,cb350four,cb175k6,cd125k5,cb20bb1,cb250-360t,gl1000ltd,cb400ff2,cb550f12,cb750f1p,cb750f1p,cr125m2-4,cb750f2-3,cb400tpa,cx500,cr125rz,
Think I will literally have to go through everything as there is no way to find anything apart from pistons just yet.My bomber space has reduced but I have been offered 2 more today-what have I one. :? :? Any ideas welcome.
Regards Chris.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Few more pics know you'll like looking at all bits .Regards Chris
P.S.Thinking about talking to wife about loft space as this is still only a fraction of all spares.Planning on getting it all sorted in my lifetime my son told wife "Tell dad not to die yet" :D :D :D

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts