Honda Twins banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never saw this before, a cutaway of one of the original RC road racer motors.
Not a good photo, but still interesting....

·
Registered
210 Posts
Great picture, would that be a CR110 50cc single from the late 60's built and sold to the public for racing?

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got me, no info on it, just the photo.
I would assume all of them were like this example, more or less.
The shape of the head is consistent through all of them.....

I have no idea what makes those gears turn, or where it might be........

·
Registered
275 Posts
The gears are driving the DOHC's, the clutch and oil pump. You can see the two bolts holding the cam drive idler gears in the cylinder tunnel where most of us see a cam chain and tensioners.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
I still like the 305 with the 450 top end on it..... I guess we could figure it out, but would be nice to find a blog of how it was done............

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Man alive, she sure revs out quick! ;) 8 gears :shock: 20,000rpm red line? :shock:

[youtube:gx5uvmkg]l9J1CCxUlZA[/youtube:gx5uvmkg]

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
210 Posts
ol55 said:
It's called a cr110 but the engine is only 50cc? That would look good in my 100 frame ;)

Larry
Yes in the 60's Honda called the 50cc motorcycle a C110, the scooter version a C100, probably why the race bike is a CR110.

·
Registered
210 Posts
66Sprint said:
I still like the 305 with the 450 top end on it..... I guess we could figure it out, but would be nice to find a blog of how it was done............
It is do-able but a lot of work apparently, I took a photo of one built in the UK there is a photo etc over on the SOHC4 forum, I will try to find when my other computers are up and running again.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm sure most of you know but, that little 50cc bike was built to compete in the 50cc World Championship (also known as F5). If I remember right, F1 was 500cc, F2 was 350, F3 was 250 and f4 was 125cc. Honda used to field a 5 cylinder 125-- can you imagine? A whole lot of technology went into that bike.
http://www.nexialquest.com/westcoastcbx/rc149.mpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts