Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a criticism of David Silvers, they only sell the pipes, which are made by a third party.

I have now bought a total of four of their pattern CB175 silencers, two pairs in other words. Both of the right hand side silencers have developed rattles. The first right hand one was really bad, and when I removed the silencer and looked in from the exhaust pipe end I could see that the baffle had come completely adrift, free to slide up and down in the outer case.

I made a crude fix, by shaking the baffle back into the correct position, then securing it with a self tapping screw. I then ordered a replacement one from DS, putting the first one down to experience, a one off occurrence.

However, when I started the rebuilt bike yesterday, the 'new' silencer ( purchased 14 months ago, outside of warranty now ) has a nasty internal resonance, makes the bike sound like a bag of spanners. I've contacted DS about this, and they've agreed to look into it for me, but also told me that this was not a reported problem from other users.

Have I just been unlucky, or are there any other folks with a similar experience ?

·
Registered
441 Posts
I’ve only bought the two but experienced no problems with them. The last time I checked the part numbers were the same for my Cb200 as the cb175. No rattles to report.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, just hope it was a 'one off' then.

I'm returning the silencer to them today, they've agreed to sort out a replacement even though I'm well out of warranty.

·
Registered
441 Posts
That's good to hear Richard, good customer service.

The one good thing about these pattern silencers is that the chrome is superior to the original Honda.

I wish Silvers were sat on the stock that CMSNL are, whenever I have to use them I end up thinking I'm helping to keep a dutch guy in a Ferrari.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's good to hear Richard, good customer service.

The one good thing about these pattern silencers is that the chrome is superior to the original Honda.

I wish Silvers were sat on the stock that CMSNL are, whenever I have to use them I end up thinking I'm helping to keep a dutch guy in a Ferrari.
Brilliant customer service indeed, brand new replacement silencer has just arrived here.

Now, if only they could get their supply to make up some replica CL175 silencers ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts