Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Kirk, and I suffer from extreme conJUNKtivitis.

I was surfing Craigslist (when I shouldn't be, I already HAVE 4 bikes, both runners and non-runners), and came across a '77 Kawasaki KZ400 DeLuxe. This was a one-year-only factory dresser based on the KZ400. It came equipped with locking hard bags, chrome trim, luggage rack, handlebar mounted fairing and special color-matched paint scheme. $150. Non-runner, but very complete and includes title.

So, the fever hit, I rushed 40 miles after work thru brutal rush-hour traffic and bought it. I pick it up tomorrow.

What's the matter with me anyway?? :lol: :oops: :lol:

Nevermind, I've known and accepted my weaknesses many years ago...

Here it is:

And here's what it will look like after, I'm sure, just a quick wash:

:lol: :cool: :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Good score there Kirk!

As far as your affliction goes....who needs remedy when you have acceptance.... :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Congrats, that looks to be in really good shape for $150, nice score. Can't go wrong with a Kawi :D I love them, unfortunately I never see any old ones for sale around here at all. Probably best that way anyway :)

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, my name is Kirk, and I have extreme conJUNKtivitis.

Hello, Kirk.....

or

Bless me father, for I have sinned. It's been 45 days since I sold my last money pit and I just bought another one.....

or

Hi, I'm calling about the bike you have listed on Craigslist. When your ad says "needs work", what exactly.....

or

"You bought another WHAT!!!??..... don't you 'now, honey' ME!"

:mrgreen: :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Accepting the fact that you have a problem is the first step in curing it!

Now that you know you have not yet become fully at peace with your
conJUNKtivits you've made the first step in achieving that peace.

Keep working on it, I'm sure you can get there.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Great looking bike. My dad had that same model. I remember taking rides on it as a young lad.

He eventually sold it to my buddy when we were in our late teens. Makes me want to go rescue it.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, Jey, that's a neat story.

Actually, this particular bike came from Evansville, Indiana according to the Indiana title which I'm going just today to register in FL.

I'm psyched! :D Now that I've got it home in the bright light of day, I'm pretty pleased. It is VERY complete and even though it's dirty, the chrome and the aluminum of the engine are in really nice shape. Doesn't run, of course, but turns over with the kick starter and doesn't make any terrible noises or feel any problems. It DOES show nearly 30,000 miles on the clock though. May wind up doing a top end job, which can even be done with motor in the frame! :)

Kirk

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
My understand is the parts are a little hard to come by for those, as the 440 LTD replaced it and had more availability?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts